In response to my recent post on Swagger and REST, I was asked the following on Twitter:
@howard_dierking Trying to dig deeper into the philosophy of API specs. Got recommended reading beyond your links?— Aram Zucker-Scharff (@Chronotope) October 11, 2016
Rather than a Twitter stream of references, I thought I would just consolidate my resource list here. Note that for the most part, this list is limited to books. While I’ve put a few canonical Web documents on here, it’s nearly impossible to go back through and chronicle every blog post and article that has shaped my thinking.
- Semantic Web for the Working Ontologist
- Linked Data: Evolving the Web into a Global Data Space
- Resource-Oriented Architecture Patterns for Webs of Data
- REST in Practice: Hypermedia and Systems Architecture
- Building Hypermedia APIs with HTML5 and Node
- RESTful Web APIs
- Linked Data
- Weaving the Web
Finally, a shameless plug to the repository where I’ve been testing out many of these ideas in the form of a reference application. This repository was originally intended to support a related Pluralsight course, but as my own journey continues to take different turns, I’ve put the course on hold until I’m 100% confident in any recommendations that I make.